Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: Doing everything yourself

Doing everything yourself

We will start building a new house in the near future.

I want implement my EIB installation myself.

Can anyone give me some advice or a good web-site where i can find sufficient information.

Will the starter version of ETS3 be sufficient for implementing your own system?

Congratulations...

... on your decision!

If you can read some german, I highly recommend PeterPan's EIB pages to learn about the bus and its concepts...

Next I would buy the following equipment:

* ETS (ETS3 home edition for up to 64 bus devices should be sufficient, can be upgraded later if necessary)
    * a small rack with some DIN rails (Hutschienen)
    * an EIB power supply
    * an EIB RS232 interface
    * an EIB switch actor
    * an EIB wall-mounted multi-function switch/sensor with 4 or more buttons
    * some EIB bus cable or equivalent

All of that shouldn't cost you more than 1000 Euros (a couple 100 Euros if you buy used hardware).

After setting everything up, I would start by putting together a little demo project using the ETS and the hardware described above. That will give you a pretty good understanding of how everything works. Import some manufacturer's databases into ETS and play with the devices and their parameters. It's all pretty straightforward stuff, no rocket science involved

Next you can buy some more devices and integrate them into your setup (motion detector, dimmer, etc.).

That should be sufficiant to get you "hooked"
    Gruss,
    Oliver

(aus dem SmartHome Reutlingen)

Uwi ist offline Registrierter Benutzer

Harder Work than it seems

I was in the same position 2 years ago and I have to say:
    There is such a lot of coordination and planning for "normal" activities for building the house that is very hard for an amateur to fit all the stuff with EIB!

I gave the primary installation to an expert - and this was one of my greatest decissions!
    After finish and moving into my house I started with some changes and extensions - and I think this is the best way.
    Otherwise I'm shure, that any basisc function would'nt work...

If you won't agree I promise you to select all the actors with additional "manual control" (switches for each channel)- so you can turn on/off from the first time without any programming in EIB.

thanks for the info

Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know when ETS3 will be exactly available and where I can buy it?

Will it is be supplied via www.eiba.com as well?

Are there specific makes of EIB products you would specifically recomend or not.

Strictly based on the design my girlfriend goes for the M-Plan series from Merten. For, the actors of course, the choice is still open.

Uwi ist offline Registrierter Benutzer

Frankfurt fair

If you can, go to a huge fair called "Light & Building" at Frankfurt from April 18th to 21st.
    There are some rumours, that you can buy the ETS3-entry-version for a special fair-price of 99,- instead of 149,- Euro.

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer