PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Alarmsystem with EIB

whatevr
25.03.08, 10:59
Dear,

How is it possible to create an alarmsystem with automatic switches (Gira Comfort Automatic switch)

Or is this not a good idea since it cannot detect heat... only movement. What other options do I have?

Thanks,

Tim

Filo
25.03.08, 11:15
Hi Tim

I do not know the "Automatic switch" you mentioned, but I guess this is a motion detector (Concept of the PIR Passiv Infrared).

Theoretically you can use those sensors and detect motion. With the logic "nobody at home" AND motion detected = Intruder.

The question is first:
What do you want? There are plenty of thing to be taken in care for Intrusion systems. What kind of security do you want? How good shall be the system? How is the security concept in general? What are goods you want to protect? How do you solve the intervention?
There are tons of threads in here, also from my side, but all in German.

However some quick words in English.

Before you invest in electronic safety, invest the money in mechnial safety. You feel much better if you know that the intruder was not able to come into your house.
Motion detections is one thing, this is the easy part. But what is the tricky part is false alarm filterin. Just because you cat is moving in the house or the leaves from the tree are detected or because the sunshine is realsing the sensors, etc. it generates an false alarm.
What are you doing once you have detected an intruder? Getting an SMS on your phone? And Then? Do you want to have an sirene at your facade?
Having motion detector inly is not the only way you should protect your house from Intruder. There are also the window and door contact.
Do you want to have protection of sabotage?You see there are plenty of things. The first question you have to answer yourself:
What exactly do I wanto and how good shall be the security?

Basically there is nothing against a detections system with KNX but you have to be aware what you are doing and what the limit of such systems are.