PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Automatic switch in WC (Gira Comfort Automatic Switch)

whatevr
12.03.08, 21:18
Dear,

I've implemented a sensor in the restroom, as soon as you enter, the light goes on. This works very well. However after some seconds of sitting still the light goes off (according to the setting put in ETS), when you exhale or move a bit, the light turns on again. I had hoped the automatic switch worked on body heat detection, but it seems that this is not true?

Can somebody help me with the right settings for this restroom or shall I just place a normal switch :Prost:

Wasserkocher
13.03.08, 15:34
Hey whatever, ;)

The sensor you have implemented primarily seems to be a motion detector. A presence detector might do the trick. If you want to keep your device I would recommend to set an off timer in your actuator. This way the light would stay on for say 3mins. You'd be wasting those three minutes every time someone has left the restroom, however, it would give you a larger window to hanlde errors every time the motion is insufficient to trigger the detector. The light would then only turn off if you are sitting still for more than three minutes without even once retriggering the detector. If you do move in that period your timer would reset to three minutes again until you left.

Best,
Fabian