PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : OPC Initial Read

kristjan
23.02.08, 16:15
I am using Gira 1027 and Gesis 83.020.0225.0 for a simple light switching application. This application has a SCADA interface through the EIB-OPC server. Most of the group addresses allow an initial read when launching the OPC server but some groups don't reply to the initial read.

I have the Read flag set for the sending objects in each switch group (the switching object) and there is no filtering in line couplers. What more do I need to do in order to get the initial read working for all group addresses? Are the switching objects different between manufacturers?

Meudenbach
23.02.08, 23:00
After a value read the comunication object must response the actual state of the sending objekt if the read flag is enable !! That's the rule and that must work !!

Please check the following:

1. if you have more as one object connect with the same GA, only one object schould be enable to answer (read flag)

2. never sends a value read for zentral or superordinately adresses. This can release to many answers (traffic) and the data will be lost.

3. check the reading intervall of the OPC server. This schould be not more than 2,3 telegramms per minute.

4. check the data rate's by bus monitoring. If you have to much repetitions check the settings in the parameters of the line coupler. If you work without filtering you must set the auto acknowledge by coupler for both sides (line and main line)

regards