PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Failed Devices im OPC-Server

Kaucher
13.05.01, 22:31
Hallo alle miteinander,

zur Abfrage ausgefallener Stationen gibt es doch im OPC-Server die Variable "Failed Devices", die laut OPC-Doku als Array of String(16-Bit-Zeichensatz) kommen soll.
Bei mir kommen jedoch nur Hieroglypen an.
Hat jemand schon mal was mit dieser Variable gemacht, bzw. wer weiß, wie die Kodierung der Informationen aussieht ?

Danke im Voraus

Gruß
Jörg Kaucher

Kaucher
27.01.03, 15:18
sorry,

muß das alte Teil noch mal vorkramen, vieleicht hat ja inzwischen schon jemand was damit zu tun gehabt ?

Gruß Jörg

MPietz
29.01.03, 09:59
Ohne den OPC-Server zu kennen.
16-Bit String hört sich nach UNI-Code an.
Sollte jedes neue Windows betriebssystem können.

S. De Bruyne
29.01.03, 10:40
There may be two problems:
a. The OPC client or computer does not support UNI-code indeed, or
b. it does nor support the array of strings.
The latter problem can be bypassed by indicating that you want BSTR (normal string) instead of BSTR|ARRAY in the response.

Kaucher
29.01.03, 11:08
Dear Mr. de Bruyne,

UNI-Code itself works fine, cause starting the check by writing a phys. Adress into 'check_device' is ok.
The state of the device then changes form UNKNOWN to GOOD, if the device is available.
After checking an non available device, the state changes to BAD and something is returned in 'failed devices'.

Indeed, the variable type 'array of string' seems to be not directly supportet by my visualisation system, but i could define a structure. To do this, I'd need the sizes of the strings and the number of strings in the array.

Maybee it's easier to change the response-Value to 'normal string' as you wrote, but I've no idea, how to do this. :confused:

Could you please give me a hint !

best regards

Jörg