PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : HomeServer user group management & security

Warichet
29.04.07, 17:56
Hi,

I'm fideling with the HomeServer security system, and User group management.
My question is: how can I manage security based on user groups ?
In the visu, on a sub page, I've defined an action button (lamp). In the properties of the button, user groups, I've enabled guest (otherwise the button is not visible).
In the User management page, the guest account has the following:
User group Read: guest is allowed.
User group Action: guest is NOT allowed.
I login with account guest and if I click on the button, the action is
allowed !!!
There is something wrong, but what ?

Now, a more rigorous test:
First attempt:
In the user area, for user guest, I've only enabled guest, and only for read
This is not OK, as the user guest can not naviguate from page to page, down to the test page.

Second attempt:
In the user area, for user guest, I've only enabled guest, for read and action
The user guest can now navigate to the test page, OK.
But, the user guest can now see and execute the button !!!. This is not OK. I want the guest to see the button, but not beeing able to take action.

It looks like the HS lacks some granularity at the object level, i.e. at the final object (the button) it is not possible to specify read or action).
I searched the forum, but no obvious answer, but maybe I don't use the right keywords for search.

Additional question.
While assigning security to objects, I've to do it object by object. This is really a pain. I've tried to select multiple objects in order to assign the same security settings: this does'nt work. Is it possible ???

Thanks in advance for your kind help
Greetings from a warm Midi-Pyrénées
Raymond

EIB-Freak
29.04.07, 18:21
Additional question.
While assigning security to objects, I've to do it object by object. This is really a pain. I've tried to select multiple objects in order to assign the same security settings: this does'nt work. Is it possible ???

you have to select the objects to change and then right-mouse-klick, in the opening window use "Schnellzuweisung" --> "Benutzergruppen", it works fine.

Warichet
29.04.07, 19:22
you have to select the objects to change and then right-mouse-klick, in the opening window use "Schnellzuweisung" --> "Benutzergruppen", it works fine.
Thanks.
That's a real time server.
I should have asked earlier http://www.knx-professionals.de/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif
Raymond

EIB-Freak
29.04.07, 19:43
That's a real time server.
I should have asked earlier http://www.knx-professionals.de/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif
Raymond
:D:D:D
:Prost: