PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : HomeServer, Web Pages / IP-devices, Reception

Warichet
21.04.07, 14:17
Hi,

Can someone help me with the option "use conversion table" ?
The help says that a translate table can be defined, but I don't see where.
Translate from what to what ? I gues it is from Unicode to ISO-Latin1 ?
In IE I see "mécanique"
In the visu I see "m" followed by capital A with tilde followed by the copyright symbol followed by "canique".
So I need to translate the french character set.
But I guesss, you germans have the same problems ?

Thank you
Raymond

Warichet
24.04.07, 21:52
So, no one uses the "translation table" ?
But, when you capture a web page string (other than USASCII) and display it on the HomeServer, it doesn't look correct.
Nobody cares ?

Raymond

Matthias Schmidt
24.04.07, 22:13
I wrote a logic module to put things right....

You can find it on my homepage under "Hs-Skripts" - Wetter....

It is called "Textkonvertierung". If you open it with an editor, you can add additional conversion rules.

Michel
25.04.07, 10:18
Same for me. I wrote a universal search&replace module for such things including replacing non-printable characters. ;)

Warichet
25.04.07, 19:38
I wrote a logic module to put things right....

It is called "Textkonvertierung". If you open it with an editor, you can add additional conversion rules.
OK. Thank you very much. I have to do some "pythoning".

Anyone having an idea about this translation table mentionned in the help ? It is there just to confuse people ? http://www.knx-professionals.de/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Michel
26.04.07, 10:06
Anyone having an idea about this translation table mentionned in the help ? It is there just to confuse people ? http://www.knx-professionals.de/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifNo, prior using my logic-module, I used the translation-table e.g. for deleting the carriage-return characters from a string.

This will also work for any other escape-character. ;)

Warichet
26.04.07, 12:17
No, prior using my logic-module, I used the translation-table e.g. for deleting the carriage-return characters from a string. ;)
OK, thank you.
I would appreciate an example on how to do this.
I don't even know where to start, so, a pointer to the procedure would help a lot.

Thanks again
Raymond

Michel
26.04.07, 13:17
No problem :D :

See the attached screenshot how to delete a carriage return and where to set the marker in order to use the table.

Warichet
26.04.07, 14:08
See the attached screenshot how to delete a carriage return and where to set the marker in order to use the table.
Thanks, I got the missing link http://www.knx-professionals.de/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif
One more question about the translation. What is the character set used by the HS to display data in 14Byte ?
I've made some tests with the french character set, and it works. I've setup a web server test page, and what I see in IE is the same as a the display of a 14Byte in the HS. Nevertheless, depending on the selected web site (Google forum), some characters (é, è etc) are wrongly displayed. A view of the web page source code doesn't help, as the text is generated by scriptshttp://www.knx-professionals.de/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif.
My conclusion, it is not so that "some" characters are wronly displayed, but rather that, depending on the source character set, all non-ASCII characters are wronly displayed. Hence the question: translate what to what ?
Any hint is welcome.
Raymond

Michel
26.04.07, 14:23
What is the character set used by the HS to display data in 14Byte ?IMHO the used character set depends on

the system-settings of Windows for the client, and/or
the coding settings of the browser used
all non-ASCII characters are wronly displayedThat was the reason for developing the logic module.
E.g. the german ü is coded by "ü"

Warichet
26.04.07, 18:03
IMHO the used character set depends on

the system-settings of Windows for the client, and/or
the coding settings of the browser usedOK, quite logical, I thought about this for a while, but didn't get a clue.

That was the reason for developing the logic module.
Plus, the fact that you've more flexibility. I understand that the the translation table is a one-to-one translation, so no way to catch a double byte character.

E.g. the german ü is coded by "ü"
I tested this kind of representation, and also the numeric representation (i.e. &225; ) and it works ! But for some reason I fail to understand why some pages are wrongly displayed.
In my HS, I've setup a RSS feed for the forum http://groups.google.com/group/domotique-EIB
and there...:shithappe

Warichet
27.04.07, 19:57
Tentative conclusion.
The HomeServer doesn't support Unicode (UTF-8)
The character é in ISO Latin-1=E9 and is displayed correctly.

The character é in Unicode (UTF-8)=C3A9 and is displayed incorrectly as 2 character: A tilde followed by arobase.

Maybe someone has already written a Baustein ?
Otherwise, I've to write a logic module. The translation table can only translate 1 byte in a one-to-one relation.

Raymond