PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Jung RCD 2024 Dead or Not?

Goahead
16.11.06, 00:12
Hi

:mad: Sorry i dont speak German, but if you have an anwser for my problem and want to write in German i translate it later. :rolleyes:

I got a second hand RCD...LCD works ok but i cant program the RCD with ETS3 and last Jung plugin. ETS3 does not detect RCD in Bus Line (with RS232 merten connection) I have made an BCU reset...after that one green led blink (the other green led is dead), then i try to program adress but ets still doesnt see it on bus so i cant program it with new adress.
When i press buttons i see in bus monitor some erros like unknow adress sender...

I really dont now what to do with it...please help me out...How to program a new firmware or a good reset, adress and program download? :confused:
Could i in a last option substitute BCU with a 2070U?

Regards
Goahead

Gaston
16.11.06, 02:05
Hi,

How do you want to substitute the BCU since it is built in ?
The RCD has only one green LED, so there is no dead one ;)
How did you make the BCU reset ?When you plug the RCD to the EIB, what is displayed ?

What you may try is to check with the ETS first that no device is in programming mode, and then press the programming button on the RDC and recheck if it detects the RCD in programming mode.

Regards,
Gaston

Goahead
16.11.06, 13:40
Hi Gaston

Thank you for your repply

- BCU is build in but you can open the RCD and inside you can separate it in 2 parts...one is like a BCU since it has a PEI connector. but since i never saw one from the inside, maybe this one has more processor and memorie then a mormal 2070 BCU.

- One green led only..great... :D

- BCU reset -> unplugged the wago connector->press program switch->keep pressed and connect wago (bus) again-> wait 5 secs and unpress switch-> Green led begins to flash (never goes off until i disconnect the bus again)...

- With the green led flashing, i try to find RCD in ETS3 with "Device Info" and no module in programming mode found.
- Try to program adress, but no device in program mode found. :mad:

When RCD is started everything seems ok since lcd is ok and showing local temperature.
I try to find the adress that is programmed inside, but with bus monitor i only see "scource adress invalid" or "scource adress unkonwn" :( pressing buttons.
Buttons seem to work since red leds goes on and off when i press them.

Do you have any other sugestion of what i can do to program it or another hard reset? I should be able to flash it with new firmware..maybe the last owner made a bad programing.

Thanks
Goahead

Goahead
16.11.06, 14:06
P:S. - I thinki found out that this is a LONWORK module and not EIB...what chances do i have now??

Gaston
16.11.06, 14:28
P:S. - I thinki found out that this is a LONWORK module and not EIB...what chances do i have now??

Well, if so, you chance would be much better in a LON network than in an EIB network :D :shithappe

Goahead
16.11.06, 15:59
Well, if so, you chance would be much better in a LON network than in an EIB network :D :shithappe
Hi again

Should a LON network compatible with EIB?? Thats why they have join it and called it KNX???

Please can someone explain me if i can make it compatible somehow..put last firmware to make it compatible? What software, hardware and connections do i use to be able to usit in EIB bus? :confused:

Regards
Goahead

GLT
16.11.06, 16:24
Hi again

Should a LON network compatible with EIB?? Thats why they have join it and called it KNX???
LON and KNX are different systems.

Please can someone explain me if i can make it compatible somehow..put last firmware to make it compatible? What software, hardware and connections do i use to be able to usit in EIB bus?
No way - you need a EIB device:D

Goahead
21.11.06, 20:23
Hi everyone

Did someone ever open one Jung RCD2024?
Since the manufacture from LON and EIB are the same for this RCD i still beleive that i can exchange the BCU from LON and put one 2070U for EIB. The RCD has no glue and it can be easilly opened.:)
It has 2 parts:
Inside RCD from ELKA you will find one BCU from LON with PEI connector...I never saw one LON BCU but if its like this one, it has 2 little pcbs one above the other (below one with some capacitors and pins for BUS and above one with IC for LON comunications connected each other with a smal flat cable.)
The LCD, push buttons and sensor temperature in 2rd part pcb is the same for both tecnologies...it contains also the LCD controler and one extra memory chip.;)

I dont have any 2070U to test yet but i would like to see some pictures before i burn something from one LON BCU and one EIB BCU from the inside the capsule if someone can send them to me or post them in forum it would be very nice so i can confirm that what i saw is onlu BCU and not some extra processor or controler with BCU for LON. :D
Schematics from both BCUS would also be nice so i could compare connections.

etcmmr@ua.pt

Regards
Goahead