PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Printing reports in ETS3 0d

Warichet
23.08.06, 11:13
Hello,

Someone already printed a report in ETS3 0d ?
I get the error message: (on the printed paper)

ERROR: invalidfont
OFFENDING COMMAND: xshow

STACK:
bla bla
NB: the cover page prints fine, with logo and photo, but.....
Bizarre, I've re-installed this system from scratch (for other reasons) W2K Pro, SP4, IE 5.5 SP2, HP LJ4 Ethernet.
ETS hasn't enough with the 36.000 fonts of Windows ? If it could tell WHICH font is missing, I could eventually install it.

Axel
23.08.06, 11:41
Hy Raymond,

nice to meet you. :-)

I would bring the Patch A first times into the ETS3dA. Attach examine whether the problem still exists.

Look at Konnex (http://www.konnex.org/knx-tools/ets/ets-30-patch-a-download-page/)

Warichet
23.08.06, 12:36
I would bring the Patch A first times into the ETS3dA.
Hi Axel.
Thank you for the quick reply.
Mmm, I forgot to mention that I'd already installed patch A. I first start by suspecting my own installation before suspecting the application software, but this time .... as everything is from scratch ...

Also, this kind of error is a bit abnormal. Normally, ETS3 doesn't PRINT, it call the OS printing subsystem, which in turn handles the request according to local ressources etc.

And, as it prints the cover page, why not the data pages, unless it calls a special font, but even then, the message should come from Windows, on screen (not on paper).

I was very confident in ETS, I thought it was rock solid, bullet proof, but I realize it's just another piece of software.

Warichet
23.08.06, 14:48
Just in case:
the stack says

[217 133 83 150 83 0 ]

Warichet
24.08.06, 21:53
More info:

The "Print Preview" works fine
Printing to a file instead of to the printer, seems to work, as the output is a 7MB postscript file.

Any clue ?
Anyone has a Windows 2000 & ETS3 0da and willing to print a report ?

Klaus Gütter
27.08.06, 18:05
This will not solve your problem, but I want to note, that the error message is not from ETS, nor from Windows, but from the printer's PostScript processor.

Klaus Gütter

tweky
27.08.06, 18:19
Anyone has a Windows 2000 & ETS3 0da and willing to print a report ?

You can send me se ETS Projekt (xxx.pr4) and i will print your report in a PDF File.

tweky (at) gmx.de

Warichet
27.08.06, 19:43
I want to note, that the error message is not from ETS, nor from Windows, but from the printer's PostScript processor.
Yes, I think you are right. But anyway, someone is feeding the PostScript processor with illegal instructions.
The purpose of my question was to kow if I had an installation specific problem or a generic ETS problem.
My conclusion: it's a bug in ETS3 0d patch A (given the configuration mentionned above).

Warichet
27.08.06, 19:46
You can send me se ETS Projekt (xxx.pr4) and i will print your report in a PDF File.
Thank you for this very kind offer.
I'll try to skip printing until a fix is given.

S. De Bruyne
07.09.06, 13:59
Have you tried with a different printer or with an updated o different driver for the same printer?
Note that uninstalling and simply re-installing the printer driver will not solve the problem. It really needs to be a different driver.

Warichet
07.09.06, 14:40
Have you tried with a different printer.
Before posting my request for help, I made several tests, trying to isolate the problem, to a single element. I also asked a friend to do the same test for me, and he got also the error message (W2K pro, ETS3 0d). So I concluded that it might be a generic problem (unless we made both the same error).
Based on your tip, I created a new printer (same std IP port, same physical HP LJ4, but different name) ***But*** in the driver list, I selected HP LaserJet 4/4M, but this time, no support for PostScript.
When I print a Word document via either printer, it works OK.
When I print the ETS reports via the "no PS" printer, it works. Via the "HP LaserJet 4/4M PS" printer, I get the error message.

I've still no clue ! it looks like a Windows problem, but all other PCs printing to the same printrt have no problem.

Anyway, I'm happy with this workaround :-)
Thank you