PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Dacom presents J2ME Mobile Phone client for HS2

Kris
11.06.06, 00:01
Just stumbled onto a news item in the Dacom site.

They have a java version HS2 client available for download. This client allows you to have graphical access (non-wap) to your HS2 with your phone. (in contrast to the plain text wap interface)

I've just downloaded it to my Nokia 6230i but can't seem to get it to connect. If anybody has it working on this phone, please let me know...

This is the link :

http://www.dacom-homeautomation.de/news.php?s=read&id=70

regards, kris

ps. I suppose that the L&B visitor have already seen this, but it wasn't displayed publicly

OliverH
12.06.06, 13:26
Hello Kris,

some Java-Implementations don't allow a homeserver at port 80, 443 and 8080 (see Docu page 8).

Did you consider this?

BTW: The 3 guys of DaCom showed on 4 mobile devices this application in Frankfurt ;)

Kris
12.06.06, 16:11
Hi Oliver,

thanks for the reply. I read about the port 80 constraints in the documentation.

Since it wasn't working on port 80 I configured port forwarding on my router and tried ports 8001, 8080 and 25 --> but no luck.

I believe it is not really a connection problem since I get an error message "Initialisierung fehlgeschlage" directly after selecting "anmelden". (If it would have been a connection problem, I would expect a couple second to start gprs and so on)

Any clues on how to get this to work?

thanks, kris