PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : EIB Development

vaggelis
14.11.02, 11:56
Hello and sorry for writing in English but my German is awful.
Could someone suggest me which are the tools needed to design stand-alone applications for EIB ? My MSc thesis involves the design of a fuzzy logic based energy controller for EIB. I think that EIB-IDE for BCU2 (BIM112) plus IAR C compiler and linker are enough... Are they enough or I need more things ? We already have Easy Starter Kit

S. De Bruyne
14.11.02, 12:55
* The EIB-IDE only allows designing applications to be loaded in a BIM M112 and a BCU 2. It does not allow designing your on EIB communication stack. If you haven't done so already, you can consult http://www.georg-luber.de/ .
next to this, you of course need some basic devices, like power supply, RS232 interface, choke, a few reference bus couplers and devices for triggering signals, etc.
* Please note that the IAR compiler is a pretty expensive tool.

vaggelis
14.11.02, 16:30
We want to make an EIB compliant controller which will turn on/off lights , venetian stores , heaters and ventilation . It will take decisions based on several parameters sent via EIB compliant sensors.The algorithms are made and simulated in C and have to do with generic and fuzzy approaches optimized for maximum energy preservation.

We already have an EIB Starter kit with chokes/rs232/power supply/data rail/and of course switches/sensors and actuators running :-)

Is a BIM 112 or a BCU 2 enough from point of hardware to fit certain algorithms ? I guess it's not necessary to reimplement the protocol stack used. We want only to use the application level from the OSI mode using C API provided by EIB-IDE.

As for IAR we hope to get an educational license because it's about a joint university project.

I hope the above makes sense...If not , let me know.
Thanks in advance

PeterPan
14.11.02, 22:05
Hi vaggelis..

i did post an answer to your question at my EIB-HOME.de-Forum:

http://forum.webtropia.com/eibforum/

Best regards
PeterPan