PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : B-Con and OPC-Server

PeterPan
18.08.02, 17:35
Hallo Kollegen..

ich hab da ne Anfrage und ich weiss nicht, wie ich dem Herren helfen kann. Vielleicht fällt Euch ja was ein.

"Dear Peter,

I'm mailing you again. I wanted to try demoversion of B-CON with one real EIB system. But unfotunatelly I have had a problem with EIB OPC server. I guess problem is in RS232 serial cable. I would like to ask you for help To establish communication with instalation bus I used one serial port on PC(COM1)with running OPC-Server software. I know it has to be connected to a
corresponding RS232 interface on EIB with normal serial cable.

What does it mean normal serial cable? I wanted to find scheme for Pin Assigmet (SUB D-9pin male and SUB D-9pin female)on this "normal serial cable". But without success. I've used same cable like for ETS2 software at first but it didn't work. I have used another serial cable (I use this cable for programming MT701 display unit)and without success too.

Could you help me please?
Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Slavomir Seman"

MFG
PeterPan

S. De Bruyne
19.08.02, 14:51
Dear Mr. Slavomir Seman,

the cable to connect to EIB from the EIB OPC Server is the same as for the ETS2. This is indeed a "plain serial cable", meaning, all wires shall be connected "1-to-1" (This means: pin 1 on the male side with pin 1 on the female side, pin 2 on the male side with pin 2 on the female side, and so on.) This is to differentiate with so-called "null-modem cables" in former days often used as direct connection between computers without modem.

You do not mention the ETS version. In case you would have installed the ETS NT Update (meanwhile deliverable for free on request), it would be interesting to know whether that software has bus communication or not.

Some further questions:
- Were you able to retreive the project information from ETS (via the odd "print" way) and import that information in the OPC Server?
- Can you communicate with EIB directly from the OPC Server's user interface? Write group values AND read group values?
- What is the error message if there is one?
- Did you disable the FIFO in your computer?
- Falcon, on which the OPC Server bases, creates error log files typically in a directory named c:\Program Files\Common Files\EIBA s.c.\Log. These are files with the extension .hlg. You can delete all these files, redo the problem, and send us these log-files.
- The OPC Server itself has no logging. If the problem would thus be due to a communication problem between the OPC CLIENT and the EIB OPC Server, we can not find it, and you should contact the provider of the OPC Client software (Iconag).

Best regards,