PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Eib.rf

Marc Gregoire
10.12.04, 16:24
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with EIB.RF?

If I install some EIF.RF device from say Hager, can I also add some EIB.RF devices from another company (eg: Siemsens) to the system? Will these cooperate with each other?
Example: Can an EIB.RF device from Siemens connect with a 'medienkoppler' (which translate wireless messages and put them on the EIB bus) from Hager?

S. De Bruyne
10.12.04, 16:45
Both realisations of the same communication protocol KNX RF will be able to work together, as they use the same transmission technology, message format, etc.
But, the companies Siemens and Hager have opted for different solutions for configuring the installation. Hager opted for the so-called "Ctrl-Mode" and Siemens opted for the so-called "PB-Mode". This makes that a Siemens Controller cannot configure Hager devices and vice-versa.
The only link between both will be done in the future through ETS.
When buying KNX products, you should pay attention to the small markers next to the logo, that indicate this Configuration Mode (PB, CTL); only devices with the same marker will work together without the help of ETS.

Marc Gregoire
10.12.04, 17:54
Thank you for this information. I didn't know about that PB, CTL difference.

The only link between both will be done in the future through ETS.Was there an official announcement on ETS supporting EIB.RF? Can someone put a timeframe on this?

If I now buy Hager EIB.RF devices that apparently use CTL mode, am I future proof? Will they work once ETS support them?

As a side question: I know Hager and Siemens have EIB.RF devices, but are there still other companies supporting this?