PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Dali problems with DALI/KNX building

iJAF
31.01.13, 12:19
Sorry, but i didn't find an english section in the forum.

1.Introducing

I am experiencing some problems with a KNX/DALI building.

The main goal is to control the brightness with presence detection via Dali Ballasts.

The main relevant equipments are the following

- Gateway KNX/DALI Siemens 141-1AB02
- Presence detector Siemens 258-2AB21
- Brightness Controller Siemens 255-4AB11

The areas that must be illuminated are open-spaces from several floors.

The open-spaces are divided in small groups of 4 Dali ballasts each, and those ballasts being controlled by a Presence Detector and a Brightness Controller, like the following schematic:

http://s2.postimage.org/ra7zsepbd/dali.jpg

2.Behaviours

The system was commissioned and it is running for some months.

The lights seems to increase and decrease to maintain a predefined brightness setpoint.

But now I am receiving a lot of complaints of the users of those open-spaces.

They say me that some of the lights randomly doesn’t turn on when it supposed to do.

I have in a touch screen the option to block/unblock the detectors and turn all the lights
on or off manually.

3.Tests

To understand the problem I tested with the following procedure:

- In touch screen I blocked all the sensors and turn off the lights manually, so
everything is turned off and the sensors doesn’t send any telegrams.
- Next, in the touch screen, with all the lights off, I unblock the sensors so they
could control the light themselves.
- Next I walk in each area to trigger the sensors, and they turn on and start
regulating to the desired setpoint (with some exceptions).
- Next I move away from the sensors to observe the behaviour.

What I observed:

Generally each group of 4 ballasts turn on with the sensors, but after a while (random
time) some ballasts of a group turn off.

Example (see picture on first page):

- The presence detector 2.3.9 (with a Turn-Off time of 3minutes) detects presence
and the brightness controller starts controlling the ballasts nº31, 34, 38, 42.
- But after, for example 30seconds (random time), the ballasts nº 31, 34 turn OFF
for no reason, and the nº38 and 42 remains ON.
- It isn’t the same ballasts that turn OFF every time, it could be only 1 or 3 ballast
of the group, or even sometimes it works correctly with all lights ON.

All the Dali groups were tested and are correct!

Had anyone experienced this in DALI systems before ?!

Thank you

Hujer
08.02.13, 10:55
Hallo,

diese Probleme sind bekannt, haben aber nichts mit einer nicht funktionierenden Technik zu tun. Das Verhalten der Präsenzmelder ist richtig.

Der Nutzer ist über die Funktionsweise nicht richtig informiert.

Dem Nutzer sollte erklärt werden:
wie arbeitet ein Präsenzmelder, dieser kann unter bestimmten Bedingungen das Licht ausschalten oder gar nicht erst einschalten (wenn die Helligkeit im Raum den eingestellten Wert überschritten hat)

iJAF
08.02.13, 11:48
Hallo,

diese Probleme sind bekannt, haben aber nichts mit einer nicht funktionierenden Technik zu tun. Das Verhalten der präsenzmelder ist richtig.

Der Nutzer ist über die Funktionsweise nicht richtig informiert.

Dem Nutzer sollte erklärt werden:
wie arbeitet ein Präsenzmelder, dieser kann unter bestimmten Bedingungen das Licht ausschalten oder gar nicht erst einschalten (wenn die Helligkeit im Raum den eingestellten Wert überschritten hat)

Hello,

Is possible to write in english?

Thank you!

Klaus Gütter
09.02.13, 17:54
Hello,

Is possible to write in english?

Thank you!
I try to translate:

these problems are known but do not mean that the devices are not working. The behaviour of the presence detectors is correct.

The user is not fully informed about the functionality.

You should explain to the user how a presence detector works; it may under certain conditions switch off the light or not even switch it on (if the brightness in the room is above a configured value).