PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Neue Linie anschliessen

Peter Penders
14.11.03, 09:49
Meine EIB Installation hat momentan eine Hauptlinie und zwei Linien. Ich möchte eine dritte Linie montieren und verschiedene Komponenten des ersten Linie versetzen nach die neue Linie.
Meine Frage ist, in welche Reihenfolge soll ich das machen? Kann ich das Segment, woran die Komponenten verbunden sind, ganz einfach entkuppeln und an die neue Linie anschliessen, und dann neue Adressen zuweisen?

Peter.

S. De Bruyne
14.11.03, 12:00
Dear Peter,

this should basically work.

As soon as you have connected teh segment to the new line, do the following:
1. assign the correct Physical Address to the new Line Coupler
2. assign the correct Physical Addresses to the moved devices in that new Line.
The trick "Program Physical Address by overwriting existing Physical Address" ("Physikalische Addresse programmieren durch überschreiben existierende Physikalische Adresse") could be useful here. (You just have to have a clear list of "old addresses" - "new addresses"). But then you'd have to shortly disconnect the new Line Coupler and connect your PC within the new line).
3. Program possible new devices

Succes.

Peter Penders
14.11.03, 13:42
Steven, thanks for the fast response.

You wrote that I have to disconnect the linecoupler shortly. You mean disconnect from the main line?

You wrote that I have to connect my PC to the new line. Why is this? Can't I programm the addressess (and programs) via the already available interfaces on the other lines (I have an interface on both lines)?

Regards,

Peter.

S. De Bruyne
14.11.03, 16:42
Dear Mr. Peter Penders,

I indeed thought about disconnecting temporarily the new Line Coupler, but not from the Main Line, but from its own Line. This is, if you would reprogram the Physical Addresses by overwriting the existing Physical Addresses (instead of by using the programming mode), connection-oriented messages are used by ETS. These are messages that use the target device's Physical Address as destination address. Any Line Coupler would evaluate these destination addresses and pass the message "to the other side" if it assumes that the target device is not on its own line.
° If you'd first move the segment to the new Line Coupler, at the beginning of the procedure the devices in that segment would thus have Physical Addresses that would not fit to the new Line Coupler's Physical Address. If ETS is then in that new segment, the new Line Coupler will route the messages to the Main Line, and this is not necessary. If ETS would be connected anyhere else, the new Line Coupler would not pass the messages to the target devices and the procedure will fail.
° If you'd first reprogram the Physical Address before you connect the segment to the new Line Coupler, the devices will at the end have a Phsycial Address that does not match to the Physical Address of the old Line Coupler. This may also give no problems, but it's not guaranteed that you'd not have to switch off some programming LED here or there.

You can of course use the classic method with the programming mode, but I considered that depending on the amount of devices, this could become cumbersome.

Peter Penders
14.11.03, 17:51
Steven,

thanks again for the extended explanation how to move (many) existing components from one line to another (new) line. With this information, I will soon start the migration.

Peter.

Peter Penders
26.08.04, 14:53
Steven,

the migration of components of Line 1 to a new Line 3 was delayed for half a year, because the extension of my system was delayed (because I was too busy). But now I have started the extension and executed the migration successfully. Just for information purposes, I executed successively the following steps:

1. Created Line 3 : power supply and serial interface for programming purposes.
2. Created on paper a table with old and new addresses of all relevant components.
2. Changed in my ET/S 1.3 project all the addresses (e.g. component 1.1.11 became 1.3.20) of these components.
3. Exported the project and loaded it into ET/S 1.3 on another PC.
4. Connected this PC to the serial interface of Line 3.
5. Changed every address with the ET/S 1.3 option to overwrite a physical address. (You need to know the original address of the component, because this is what you have to fill in).
6. Connected a linecoupler to the main line.
7. Connected the linecoupler to Line 3.
8. Final test: approved!

Thanks for the useful advice,

Peter.