PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Merten Presence

eulaersi
13.11.03, 08:24
I've installed an Argus Presence controller of Merten in our lavatory, just above the lavatory bowl (ceiling is about 2.8 m high).

However, I cannot figure out how to set the presence controls. Just sitting on the bowl doesn't retrigger the light, so it shuts down after a few seconds - which is quite inconvenient :-)

Can you help me with the correct settings in ETS? Controlling should be independent of available day light.

At the moment the staircase function is set at a few seconds, but my presence doesn't retrigger the light.

Thanks for your help

Ivan

Uwi
13.11.03, 09:32
Ivan,

I realised the same with my Merten device.
You should consider that a Presence controller needs activity of persons around the device.
There is a hughe missunderstanding of the function, because the difference between a Presence controller and a normal movement controller is only a lot more of sensors for the first one.

So go to ETS and:
1. Set the sensitivity to high
2. Set movement control to light independent
3. Set a time which is comfortable to you (2..3 minutes)

Other solution - you move your arms and legs heavily :D

eulaersi
13.11.03, 10:45
Thanks for your reply. Do you know of any other presence controller that is better suited for this job? It doesn't have to be a Merten controller.

Best regards

Ivan

Uwi
13.11.03, 10:56
Ivan,

I think there is no difference between the manufacturers, BUT Merten will come with a new version of its Presence Controller with more sensitivity

==> http://www.merten.de/englisch/produkte/gebaeude/praesenz_neu.html